Setting up your MAC to print:
Requirements for Printing on your computer
1. Account established on the print Server. (PMP) If you do NOT have an account, see Will.
2. Must have a logged in connection established with the PMP Print Server, in order to print.
ESTABLISH connection to print server:
Select “Connect to Server
Enter “smb://126.96.36.199” then CONNECT
UVA ID and Print Manager Password
HOW TO INSTALL A PRINTER using LPD/LPR
Bring up system preferences and open Printers & Scanners.
- Under printers, press the plus symbol
- Press the “IP” Icon in in the top Toolbar.
- In the “Address ” box Type “188.8.131.52”
- In Protocol select “Line Printer Daemon – LPD”
- In the “Queue” box, enter the following printer information (COPY BOLD, Paste)
- HP_Color (Color Printer, 3rd Floor)
- smb://184.108.40.206/EVSC-BW (Black & White Printer, 3rd Floor)
- smb://220.127.116.11/EVSC-BW2 (Black & White Printer, 2nd Floor)
- smb://18.104.22.168/EVSC-HP-Color3 (Color Printer, 2nd Floor)
- Name: “EVSC…”
- Location: “Clark Hall”
- Use: “Generic PostScript Printer”
- Press “ADD”
- Check the “Duplex” box
- Press “Ok” this will complete installing the printer
Repeat to add second printer.
Monitor your printing ACCOUNT: Press Here
Department of Environmental Sciences
291 McCormick Rd, Clark Hall