Setting up your MAC to print:
Requirements for Printing on your computer
1. Account established on the print Server. (PMP) If you do NOT have an account, see Will.
2. Must have a logged in connection established with the PMP Print Server, in order to print.
ESTABLISH connection to print server:
Select “Connect to Server
Enter “smb://pmp.evsc.virginia.edu” then CONNECT
HOW TO INSTALL A PRINTER
Bring up system preferences and open Printers & Scanners.
- Under printers, press the plus symbol
- Press the “Advanced” Icon in in the Toolbar
- If missing, right click in blank icon space
- Select Customize Toolbar…
- Drag advanced Icon into the Toolbar…
- Change Windows Type to “Windows Printer via spools”
- Change URL: to point to the printer
- smb://pmp.evsc.virginia.edu/HP_Color (Color Printer 3rd Floor)
- smb://pmp.evsc.virginia.edu/EVSC-BW (Black & White Printer 3rd Floor)
- smb://pmp.evsc.virginia.edu/EVSC-BW2 (Black & White Printer 2nd Floor)
- smb://pmp.evsc.virginia.edu/EVSC-HP-Color2 (Color Printer 2nd Floor)
- Name: “EVSC…”
- Location: “Clark Hall”
- Use: “Generic PostScript Printer”
- Press “ADD”
- Check the “Duplex” box
- Press “Ok” this will complete installing the printer
Repeat to add second printer.
Monitor your printing ACCOUNT: Press Here
Department of Environmental Sciences
291 McCormick Rd, Clark Hall